Ultimate Locator v3.6 Released
Posted by Brian J. on 17 May 2013 01:39 AM
May 17, 2013
Ultimate Locator v3.6 is now available for download...
Web Logic Media, Inc. has released v3.6 of it's Ultimate Locator software This release is considered a maintenance release as it includes new templates, bug fixes and improved code. It is recommended that any v3.x user go ahead and update their system to this v3.6 release to take advantage of the bug fixes.
As always, this update is free as long as your Support & Updates Plan is active within your account. If it's not active, you can easily renew the plan to gain access to the downloads.
New Features Include:
- None Added: This is a maintenance release addressing bug fixes and corrections only. Quite a few bugs have been reported for v3.5 and we have corrected them all. We have reworked the front-end templates dramatically to better service your needs, so you will see a bit of a difference between the v3.5 and v3.6 font-end screens. Also includes improved mapping api calls to Google Maps, that now support older IE7 browsers.
Bug Fixes Include:
- Bug Fix: Reworked Google Maps API code to better handle map displays. Corrected small overlay map from showing on top left corner of map area, under certain conditions.
- Bug Fix: Fixed 'Website' link on Mobile Result Details page.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Long Location Names from overrunning address on Mobile Result Details page.
- Bug Fix: Added Phone and Fax labels to the telephone and fax fields on Mobile Result Details page.
- Bug Fix: Added a Space between address and phone on Mobile Result Details page.
- Bug Fix: Added comments to the front_end_layout.css File so users can see the different sections clearly
- Bug Fix: Fixed 'Start Over' button on Details page, so tab=blank is not used. Allows the search page to default to default selected tab.
- Bug Fix: Modified the Map Links and Get Directions link on Mobile Templates so they always open in a new window (for i-frame opening issues)
- Bug Fix: Added 'Require Zip codes' search option to Mobile Templates
- Bug Fix: Added style entry for No_Zip_Eneterd message to Front End CSS (desktop & mobile)
- Bug Fix: Removed IF statement from results_list_format template so that 'More Info' link would stay present if 'Show Maps Link' was set to NO.
- Bug Fix: Changed code in template_manager.php to better support newer versions of PHP. Require_Once code was adjusted.
- Bug Fix: Adjusted the Distance layout so it will align properly and be shown on results_list. (was hidden in v3.5 template)
- Bug Fix: Fixed Canadian Postal Code language placeholder to properly display appropriate text label.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Canadian Province language placeholder to properly display appropriate text label.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Action Buttons, so they will display correctly in all latest browsers.
- Bug Fix: Fixed 'Country' field to show, on Visitor Add New Location form
- Improvement: Updated icons for each Action Button.
- Improvement: Widened main container wrapper for locator to 920px wide. And widened all other container boxes on Results List and Result Details.
- Improvement: Better Documented CSS files for Front End
- Improvement: Reworked Front-End CSS file and templates
- Improvement: Reworked Admin CSS file and templates
- Improvement: Updated Smarty Template Engine to latest version.
Upgrade Notes: v3.4, v3.5 and v3.6 utilize the same style of license key. If you are running an earlier verison than 3.4, a new license key that is compatible must be deposited to your member account for you by our staff. Please submit a new Trouble Ticket to our support staff and ask for your new v3.6 key. If your Support & Updates Plan is active, we will gladly deposit the needed key. If your plan is expired, please renew the plan first before requesting your new key.
We hope you enjoy the improvements that this v3.6 release has to offer.
Read more »
Server Migration Complete
Posted by Brian J. on 03 May 2013 01:18 AM
We have completed all the server migrations at this time. We are happy to say that all systems are up and operating normally.
All hosted customers will experience a transition over the next 2-24 hours as the domain ziplocator.com is transitioned to a completely new server. Your locator will not be affected in any way, except that once the server's IP address has completed resolving, the change will occur for you automatically. We have confirmed that all accounts are up and running normally as expected. If you experience any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.
We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition period. The new servers should prove to help keep our network fast, reliable and up to par with the latest software and security.
We do have one more change planned in the coming week. We are going to be upgrading our Member System to the latest release. This action will not affect any locator systems, but will more than likely close down the Member System temporarily while the system is upgraded. We will make another announcement at that time.
Ultimate Locator Support Team
Read more »
Planned Server Outage & Transition starting May 1, 2013
Posted by Brian J. on 30 April 2013 12:00 AM
In an effort to keep our web servers up to date, we are scheduling a server upgrade beginning May 1, 2013. The actual date of the server swap is undetermined at this time, but should be shortly after May 1, 2013 and will be performed as quickly as possible once our IPs are updated.
Read more »
Google Maps API v2 End Of Life - Critical Update for our Users
Posted by Brian J. on 21 December 2012 12:45 AM
Google has put a date on when they will no longer support their Google Maps v2 API. The official end date is May 2013. After that, all users of the v2 API are expected to upgrade to the newer v3 API.
Good news is, our latest versions of Ultimate Locator utilize v3 of the API already. So, if you are running v3.4, v3.5 or higher, you are good to go.
If you are running an older Ultimate Locator v3.3 or earlier, you must upgrade your Ultimate Locator system to the latest version to get from the Google Maps API v2 to the newer v3.
For customers that wish to upgrade thier systems, you will need to make sure your Support & Updates Plan is active in your account. Otherwise your downloads won't work and you can not download the latest v3.5 fileset of Ultimate Locator. Here are instrucitons on how to Check Your Plan's Status.
You can also find instructions on how to upgrade Here.
Here is the Official Notice from Google we received on 12/21/2012.
Dear Google Maps API developer,
Google Maps API Developer Relations
Read more »