Posted by Ultimate Locator on 13 October 2011 12:24 AM
October 13, 2011
Ultimate Locator v3.4 is now available for download...
Web Logic Media, Inc. has released v3.4 of it's Ultimate Locator software This release is considered a maintenance release andi improves a few features and updates to the new Google Maps API v3. It is recommended that any v3.0 user go ahead and update their system to this v3.4 release.
As always, this update is free as long as your Support & Updates Plan is active within your account. If it's not active, you can easily renew the plan to gain access to the downloads.
Improved Features Include:
- Google Maps API v3 - Google has recently release v3 of their API Mapping System, and now UL will utilize v3 and gain access to the improvements for embedded mapping.
- Embedded Map Settings - The settings for the embedded mapping feature used to be in a text file. Now, there is full support for all map settings within the Admin Control Panel. Very nice to see this added.
- Smarty Engine Updated - We updated the Smarty Templates Engine to a new release.
- Templates - The front-end templates have been reworked to support the advanced mapping feature.
- Licensing Routines - We have recently implemented a new Member's system, which includes a new licensing system as well. The new licensing system is a from-the-ground-up approach to better handle our licensing methods across multiple platforms of web servers. After you upgrade to v3.4, your local license key in your database, once set, will be the main validation tool. Therefore eleminating the need to communicate with our remote licensing servers. Every 6 months, your local license in your DB will expire and will automatically refresh behind the scenes to grab the latest licensing rules we deploy. It's now a much smarter system and should prove to be beneficial to all users.
Bug Fixes Include:
- A few small annoyances have been fixed along with some php code alterations.
Upgrade Notes: v3.4 requires a new style license key, therefore a new license key must be deposited to your member account for you by our staff. Please submit a new Trouble Ticket to our support staff and ask for your new v3.4 key. If your Support & Updates Plan is active, we will gladly deposit the needed key. If your plan is expired, please renew the plan first before requesting your new key.
That's about it for this release.